Work with us
Amarula Solutions have young team of developers and QA engineers who have been working with Android and Linux Kernel for many years knowing their details and history and have always been happy to share their knowledge with anyone needing their help. We also enforce code review by using Gerrit which guarantees quick feedback on everyone’s code which eventually helps to improve quality of the code written by all team members.
Helping you to grow
At Amarula we support our team members in self-improvement by purchasing technical literature for the office, sending people to conferences or paying for courses that help them to grow.
In Amarula company we have a young team team of friendly people who are working together towards common goals and are happy to consult any issues with each other. We are open to ideas from little ones related to improving our work environment, through suggesting new work tools, all the way to the complex ideas about new potential products (we are currently designing such new payment product).
In the office we have a coffee machine, we also have different kinds of tea and fresh fruit.
You can also find here foosball table that we use when we want to relax.
Embedded Developer (m/f/x)
Location: Carpi, Emilia Romagna, Italy
Company: Amarula Solutions s.r.l.
Relocation Level: Moving from a different country is not foreseen
Remote support for this position: On-site work
We are a software consultancy company focused on open source projects and embedded systems; We develop embedded systems of various types in Linux and Android environments. We collaborate with national and international companies in the field of home automation, medical, industrial and consumer electronics. We are rapidly expanding and looking for:
Embedded Developer (m/f/x):
The candidate will work from our office in Carpi (MO) and, reporting directly to the technical director, will be part of the product development team where she/he will be involved in the multiple phases of product development.
We are looking for an intelligent person, strongly goal-oriented and capable of analytical thinking. A person who is able to collaborate with other team members to solve daily arising challenges. In Amarula we believe in a flat organization based on peer review: everyone has the right and duty to verify and improve the team work, constantly collaborating on personal and team growth.
We would like to find a person capable of evaluating the assigned tasks in a critical way. Who dedicates the right amount of time to design and modeling before writing tons of code. Who verifies the current standards and checks with current teammates the next steps, to take advantage from the company’s experience. We expect high code quality as a goal, with an approach that considers the documentation and code review as necessary phases for Software development.
If you join our team, we would like you to constantly improve your skills and develop new ones. This will be achieved both through on-the-job training and through dedicated training courses on modern technologies.
The Embedded Developer (m/f/x) will work in the design and development of application software for graphical interfaces, using graphics libraries such as QT or Flutter. In this position you will be responsible for creating application software for embedded devices.
- Design, develop, test, and debug embedded software applications using C++, Qt, QML, and other frameworks and tools Collaborate with other developers, engineers, and project managers to deliver software solutions
- Troubleshooting software problems and bugs
- Document and maintain software code and documentation according to best practices and standards
- Research and discover new technologies and trends in embedded software and apply them to improve our products and services
You are our ideal candidate if:
- You have a passion for technology and a curiosity for innovation
- You want to discover and learn
- Enthusiasm for solving complex problems
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team, listen and help
- Orientation towards achieving goals
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, even first level
- Programming experience in C/C++ languages
- Knowledge of Linux in user or kernel environment
- Basic knowledge of tools like Yocto/Buildroot
- Cross compiles of applications for the ARM platform with tools like CMake
- Knowledge of Git
- Intermediate English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of scripting language
- Experience in UI frameworks such as Qt or Flutter
- Knowledge of Python/Rust/Buildroot/Yocto
What we offer:
- Full time position
- Permanent job
- Flexible working hours
- Salary commensurate with experience
- National contract
- Workplace in Carpi, work in the office
- You will participate in key technical conferences of our field such as Open Source Summit, Embedded Linux Conference, FOSDEM, Embedded
- World, to name a few
- National and international travel
- You will be involved in innovative projects
- You will work in a team together with very experienced colleagues
- A ton of exciting challenges with outstanding development and training opportunities in a truly world-wide company
- Ability to work remotely 2 days a week
- Meal vouchers
- You will receive annual rewards upon individual and team achievements
- Social events are a must-have! We organize team buildings and online activities to stimulate relationships between people, collaboration and
- team motivation
- You’ll join a company that pays attention to people’s well-being as well as in improving the working environment
- We support your professional training to increase your technical and linguistic skills
At Amarula Solutions we believe that all forms of diversity are a source of mutual enrichment. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive work
environment, in which every single person can bring unique value to our reality. Therefore, we welcome applications without distinction of age, gender,
nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion or marital status.
Personal data will be processed in accordance with the provisions contained in EU Regulation 2016/679.
*Remember to include the following paragraph in your resume: “I agree that my personal data will be processed by Amarula Solutions in order to recruit for the position I am applying for.
Send us your application
who can join our team!